Automation Technician (Robotics)
This production floor position is responsible for maintaining continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing or modifying system components on automated process equipment.
- Perform machine changeovers from part-to-part/job-to-job.
- Clear machine jams as needed.
- Clean machine as needed.
- Troubleshoot machine product issues (metal and plastic) making adjustments where necessary.
- Troubleshoot machine related mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic issues making adjustments where necessary.
- Able to adjust and fabricate items needed to adapt bowl feeding systems, tracks, fixtures, and tooling to make a good product at designated rates. Providing feedback or receive guidance from the Lead Automation Technician or Manufacturing Engineer as needed.
- Able to diagnose and repair electrical issues including sensors, relays, servo systems, motor controls, and PLCs.
- Able to adjust robot positions, coordinate types, jog, and troubleshoot errors.
- Document all changes made to machines, fixtures or tooling made through installation, debug or normal operation as required by Manufacturing Engineering.
- Maintain inventory for spare parts
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance actions on all machine systems and machine subsystems as needed.
- Document equipment history through Syteline and PMxpert.
- Communicate with the production shift personnel, Lead Automation Technician on the current shift and off shifts. Communication to include, but not be limited to the shift status on issues and performance for all machines
- Strong knowledge of 120VAC control circuits, 24VDC control circuit, Industrial Power 3 Phase 480V and industry accepted electrical safety practices for testing energized circuits
- Strong knowledge of PLC’s and VFD controlled machinery
- Proficient in maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical components
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings
- Proper use of power tools and measuring equipment–must have and maintain all hand and test tools required to maintain automated equipment.
- Computer proficient–Microsoft Windows based computer operation.
- Experience with Robotics
- Experience welding with stick or MIG a plus.
- Knowledge of ABB/SEW drive technology a plus.