- Design and document electronic and electro-mechanical parts and assemblies used in avionics products, including machined aluminum, sheet metal, and cast aluminum components.
- Evaluate and refine designs to meet thermal and structural performance requirements.
- Review designs for manufacturability as it relates to in-house assembly processes and methods as well as external supplier capabilities.
- Support Program Management and Business Development staff with cost and schedule estimates.
- Evaluate feasibility of modifying existing products, taking into consideration cost, aircraft integration, performance requirements, and schedule.
- Work with design and manufacturing staff to resolve design and/or documentation issues, initiating Engineering Change Requests and processing Engineering Change Orders as necessary.
- Work with manufacturing and purchasing staff to refine designs and documentation for volume production.
- Prepare procurement drawings for COTS and printed circuit board components, (connectors, IC’s, inductors, etc…).
- Compile Bill of Material data for mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies for entry into MRP system.
- Define printed circuit board size, mounting, and clearance constraints for ECAD designers. Import finished printed circuit board assembly definition data files generated by circuit board layout tools and incorporate them into ProE/CREO solid models.
- Perform interference and fit checks of components within assemblies.
- Administer PTC Pro/Intralink/Windchill engineering data management system.
- AS degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent technical training school.
- 3+ years experience in the use of Computer Aided Design tools.
- Previous experience working on cross-functional product development teams.
- Successful applicant will have seven (7) years of mechanical design experience with a solid track record of accomplishment.
- Proficiency in Pro Engineer Wildfire 2.0