Main Position Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and implements the necessary controls and measurements to ensure the efficient, cost effective manufacturing operations that obtain objectives in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Assists General Manager in formulating the operating budget, measures results vs. plan and develops actions to correct any gaps or deficiencies.
- Ensure efficient scheduling and operation of operations across a large production line producing IBC drums for various industrial uses
- Partners directly with suppliers and internal resources to address quality issues and leads action plans to address
- Daily reporting around production efficiency, downtime, scrap and labor usage
- Occasional interface with key customers to address service and quality issues
- Reviews plant results both with division and corporate leadership as well as plant-based personnel.
- Ensures quality standards are met through overseeing testing products as necessary, identifying root cause for any defects and implementing action plans to remove manufacturing deficiencies.
- Customer-service focused including on-time-delivery, personal involvement in any quality issues, customer visits, etc.
- Continually challenges the organization to review waste, reduce costs and improve productivity
- Champion employee engagement to drive improvements in safety performance, plant housekeeping, training and retention
- Short-term priorities include improvements in safety, housekeeping, delivery, reduction in scrap, achievement of financial targets and increased focus on housekeeping, plant organization and visual factory
- Tracking of employee hours in our payroll system along with scheduling vacation, managing attendance records
- Assessment and development of plant supervisory staff; Hiring of production labor followed by proper orientation and onboarding to the plant production environment
Key Attributes / Behaviors
- 5+ years of operations / production management
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing operations – particularly with plastic blow molding or injection molding operations requiring both automation to drive efficiency and skilled operator knowledge. Experience in engineering also helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (i.e. engineering) preferred
- Demonstrated at least a basic understanding of financial and operational performance metrics
- Comfortable presenting results, issues and action plans to senior staff
- Experience in implementing elements of lean manufacturing with demonstrated & sustained results
- Energetic with the ability to inspire a sense of urgency in others
- Demonstrated ability to develop and promote subordinates
- Experience in establishing and maintaining a disciplined manufacturing operation with a focus on delivering consistent results with a respect for the individual employee
- Hands on experience in a small operation with a high comfort level in having multi-task responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively across functions including procurement, sales, finance, quality, safety and human resources
- Willingness to engage in front-line activities as necessary to achieve customer requirements
- Comfort using computers including working within a payroll system to ensure hours are properly approved
Production Manager candidates should have the desire and ability to progress into the Plant Management position within a reasonable period of time. Opportunity for advancement.